FireVet is a grass roots, all volunteer, not for profit group focused on connecting the communities of the Public Safety and Military Veterans.
- To organize, encourage, and support military veterans and service members who are now active public servants, specifically firefighting and EMS.
- To organize, encourage, and support veterans and service members who are interested in the career of firefighting through Coaching and Mentoring programs.
- To train and educate all front line fire personnel in the wide spectrum of behavioral health topics specific to veterans.
- To encourage and support firefighters with previous military backgrounds who have self identified themselves as advocates for our veteran population and are trained to assist veterans and connect them to appropriate and available resources.
- To identify specific fire crews, shifts, and stations, who are interested in providing veteran services 24/7 for veterans in need and connect them to resources.
- To partner with other Veteran organizations and provide a "one stop shop" for firefighters specifically, and to extend and expand those programs and outreach to Public Service.
- To respect the confidentiality and privacy of military veterans in the fire service who want to remain anonymous regarding their military service.